Parenting in Africa Network (PAN) together with Parenting Uganda organisation an International Conference on Positive Discipline focusing on Early years and Children in hard to reach areas. This will be held in Munyonyo Country Resort on 21st and 22nd of April 2015.
This conference will bring together Delegates from 14 countries across.
Our guest of honour was the deputy speaker of the Paliament of the Republic of Uganda, Hon. Jacob Oulanya.
A research report on positive parenting was launched and a copy can be viewed at http://www.parentinginafrica.org
- Role of food and nutrition in child development
- Common diseases, injuries and their prevention
- Developmental stages of children
- Disability in young children
- Coping with the loss of a parent
- Positive discipline for children
- Step parenting and mixed families
Innumerable problems are compromising parenting today; inadequate support especially for inexperienced young parents, teen parents, and single parents.
Mothers, who tend to be the primary caregivers,are at high risk for exposure to illnesses like HIV/AIDS, have higher illiteracy levels and lower incomes.